Growth problems Dark Devil Auto®

soporte

Pregunta

Hello,

I have germinated 4 seeds from Dark Devil Auto® and in 4 weeks they have only grown 10 centimeters.

what could have happened?

They are grown outdoors.

feeding program:

first week only water.

second week:

2ml/lt (normal dose is 5ml?lt of:

12-6-6 (8,5NH3+3,5 Ammonia - 6P2O3 - 4K2O + 0,4Fe - o,1Mn -0,03Zn - o,01Bo - 0,02 Cu - 0,05 Humic Acids)

third week 7ml/1,5lt (normal is 15ml/1,5lt) of:4-5-6 (2NH3 +2 Ammonia - 5P2O3 - 6K2O +

0,002Cu - 0,01Mo - 0,002 Zn - 0,01 Bo - 0,03 Fe - 0,01 Mn)

next feeding is this saturday.

About 8 hours of sunlight plus 8 hours inside on 200 w.

dda_1.jpg

dda_2.jpg

dda_3.jpg

dda_4.jpg

dda_5.jpg

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

14 respuestas a esta pregunta

Publicaciones recomendadas

Hello my friend,

Thanks for your message and for the photos :okok:

We will need a bit more information to be able to share some opinions.

-> Which soil mix are you using? (brand and model)

-> About the fertilizers you are using, can you tell us about the brand name?

-> When you water the plants, how much water do you use per plant?

-> The 200w of light that they get indoor, which type to light is it?

-> Can you share a photo where the 4 plants are visible?

Let us know and we'll take it from there ;)

Kind regards,

tommy

Enlace al comentario

hi it was mistake, because i didn't made this thread but the guy from sweet seeds i was talking with him on FB.

So, there are not 4 plants is one (and one cream mandarine witch going properly well with the same program).

Now about the fertilizers, i suppose you don't know them, they are local, not dedicated for cannabis,

but i know they are working fine because i use them many years now but only with photoperiod plants.

The 2ml of the 12-6-6 i gave once the second week for a bit of boost.

The fertilizer i will use from now on is:

KB Substal Geranium witch is 4-5-6 (2NH3 +2 Ammonia - 5P2O3 - 6K2O + 0,002Cu - 0,01Mo - 0,002 Zn - 0,01 Bo - 0,03 Fe - 0,01 Mn)

Normal dose of it is 14ml/1,5lt, i fed once the devil week 3 with 7ml, cause i read that autos not respond well on high feeding and so i started slowly.

Now about my lamp is an 200 W CFL (blooming spectrum) witch i use them to give them a bit more light hours at night.

Generally they are on the sun from morning about 9:00 to 19:00 plus 6-7 hours on the lamp after (19:00 - 2:30 or so).

Soil is enriched for general outdoor grow.

Thnx in advance.

Editado por Oberon
Enlace al comentario

hi it was mistake, because i didn't made this thread but the guy from sweet seeds i was talking with him on FB.

So, there are not 4 plants is one (and one cream mandarine witch going properly well with the same program).

Now about the fertilizers, i suppose you don't know them, they are local, not dedicated for cannabis,

but i know they are working fine because i use them many years now but only with photoperiod plants.

The 2ml of the 12-6-6 i gave once the second week for a bit of boost.

The fertilizer i will use from now on is:

KB Substal Geranium witch is 4-5-6 (2NH3 +2 Ammonia - 5P2O3 - 6K2O + 0,002Cu - 0,01Mo - 0,002 Zn - 0,01 Bo - 0,03 Fe - 0,01 Mn)

Normal dose of it is 14ml/1,5lt, i fed once the devil week 3 with 7ml, cause i read that autos not respond well on high feeding and so i started slowly.

Now about my lamp is an 200 W CFL (blooming spectrum) witch i use them to give them a bit more light hours at night.

Generally they are on the sun from morning about 9:00 to 19:00 plus 6-7 hours on the lamp after (19:00 - 2:30 or so).

Soil is enriched for general outdoor grow.

Thnx in advance.

Enlace al comentario

Ok, thanks.

Before we share any opinion, is this one of the replacement seeds that we sent you for free in the sequence of this other thread:

https://forumsweetseeds.com/threads/1697-Germination-Problems/page2

?

And can we see a photo of the Cream Mandarine Auto® that you also have growing?

Thanks and kind regards,

tommy

Enlace al comentario

Hi again Oberon,

We had a closer look at your plant and you grow parameters and this is what we have seen an can suggest:

-> Apparently the plant is affected by some virus, possible the called hemp streak virus, or mosaic virus. Check these links:

https://www.elcogollo.es/blog/hemp-streak-un-virus-letal-virus-del-mosaico/

https://www.rollitup.org/t/tobacco-mosaic-virus-or-not.978765/#post-14567940

http://www.nachappalab.com/research.html

-> The pot is too big for such a small plant. We recommend starting in a smaller pot (200-400ml) and then transplanting to the final pot between the 14th and the 21st day from germination. A small plant is a big pot as the one you are using, can't get to absorb all the water from the soil mix in just a couple of days. And having a wet soil for too many days is very bad for the plants because the roots can't "breathe" well for a long time. The other plant you showed is in a small pot;

-> The fertilizer that you use - KB Substal Geranium - is not adequate for cannabis growing. Although you had good results with it in previous grows, as you mention, not all the plants are the same and some strains may handle the issue with the inadequate fertilizer, but other strains may be less resilient and get negatively affected.

It could also be a broad mite:

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blog/microacaros-marihuana/

http://www.canna.es/el-microacaro-polyphagotarsonemus-latus-plagas-enfermedades

You must disinfect that container o throw it away to the garbage because vírus and broad mites can be transmitted to other plants.

Next time, if you are lucky enough to avoid that virus, if the pot is of an adequate size for the growth stage of the plant and if you use fertilizers that are specifically developed for the cannabis plant, hopefully the results can be good.

Hope this helps. All the best and kind regards,

tommy

Enlace al comentario

Thnx for those infos.

I think the seed was bad or sick from the beggining, but that will be found out in July when i put the other one seed of DD i have.

But in this case is unexeptable to pay such price for bad seeds.

In matter of fact plant is struggling to live after week 1 or so.

Don't know about this virus you say, but definitely there is no spidermites or other pest's infection to the plant. I had checked with lens.

No, both Mandarines are in 12 lt pots (Devil is in 8 lt) from the beggining and they going fine as expected.

I am sure however, that i had read that auto strains need to be planting to their normal container from the beggining than transplanting,

due if u start with the small one is very possible for the roots stop growing and you get small plants finaly. (yes/no?)

As about the watering, of course i am not overfilling the pot with water as it was a big plant, but progressively as it grows. Devil now drinks 400-500 ml per 4 days.

Finaly what about my package that it's stuck in Spain from 12 March?

Editado por Oberon
Enlace al comentario

Thanks for your reply :okok:

These type of virus are environmental and not contained in the seeds. Check the internet/google for "Hemp Streak Virus" or "Cannabis Mosaic Virus" for more information.

definitely there is no spidermites or other pest's infection to the plant.

Did I mention spidermites or broad mites?

I am sure however, that i had read that auto strains need to be planting to their normal container from the beggining than transplanting,

due if u start with the small one is very possible for the roots stop growing and you get small plants finaly. (yes/no?)

The transplant is optional. Some recommend it (with good arguments) and some do not recommend it (with equally good arguments). It depends on how capable the grower is to deal with the transplant without stressing the plants. The ideal is to have a transplant, but since it is necessary to perform it well to avoid stressing the plant sometimes when the grower is not sure of his abilities to do it well and prefers not to risk, it may be preferable to plant the seed directly into the final pot. This is not ideal, but maybe it is less risky when it comes to avoid stressing the plant.

So, these are the 2 options, each of them with its respective cares:

-> If you decide to transplant, start with a pot of between 250ml and 500ml and then transplant to the final pot between day 14 and day 21 from seed germination. This transplant must be done with the utmost care so as not to stress the plant. So you have to be careful with the roots, do not expose them to light for a long time, do not damage them and avoid touching them with your hands.

-> If you decide not to transplant, as you did, you will have to put the seed directly in the final pot and regarding this option you have to be especially careful with watering. You have to start with small amounts of water in the first days and then gradually increase the dose of water at the same rate as the plant and its roots develop. If you give it more water than the amount that the roots can deal with, the substrate will stay damp / wet for too long and that is not good for the plant as it does not allow its roots to "breathe" and can deplete or pause growth. Which apparently happened.

No, both Mandarines are in 12 lt pots (Devil is in 8 lt) from the beggining and they going fine as expected.

You can choose any seedbank and grow 10 different strains from that specific seedbank. Then, treat them badly with incorrect grow parameters. Some will resist to it, some will not resist. But the problem is not the genetics, it's the badly ways they are treated. As said in my previous post, you soil is not adequate, the fertilizers you use are not adequate, the size of the pot is not adequate and the plant shows apparent signs of an environmental virus.

Finaly what about my package that it's stuck in Spain from 12 March?

For this you must contact the person who sent you the seeds or the person who told you that they were sent by the 12th of March. I suppose it might have something to do with the closure of major services in Spain due to the pandemic, only essential services remained open, but the person who managed the replacement of the seeds might have a more accurate information and so you must contact that person. Probably the delay is external to Sweet Seeds® responsibilities but sooner or later you will get the seeds.

Good luck with it. Thanks and kind regards,

tommy

Enlace al comentario

From what you saying to me it looks like you think you talk to someone amateur who is planting for the first time.

I am not! I am not a kid, i'm 56 years old and i know what to do.

As i told you most of the times i do my job with photoperioded plants.

Is the second time with autos and the first i 've got such a problem for that i am asking.

Don't tell me about the soil i am using and the fertilizers, are checked for many years now and they work fine.

Last year i had put 4 Green Poison XL Auto from you, with the same 12 lt pots, same soil, same fertilizers i've been had no any problems and i 've been get 870 gramms clean dry flowers from them!

So?...

As i told you about what is going on with the Dark Devil is gonna appears when i plant the other seed i have.

Mandarines are very healthy and they are going fine! (hopefuly).

Now about the replacement...how i suppose to remember who was the guy who talked me about?

I didn't kept the mail, but you don't have specific person responsible for the sending service?

Secondly i am an individual not a company, you don't have storing the mails with your customers??? WOW!!

And yes, me too i supposed they stuck due the measures for the virus but as i know now the post offices in Spain are open again.

So please do what you must do a wanna be respectful company and leave the excuses,

we made a very long story with this situation this year, don't you think?

Tia

Stathis

Editado por Oberon
Enlace al comentario

Hi again,

First of all, unlike you in this thread, this thread and this thread, I always replied with maximum education and respect. Anyone who reads your accusations, just has to read my/our replies to conclude that you don't accept any explanation, you always have to be right. That being said, this is my last reply and I'm closing the thread.

I am not! I am not a kid, i'm 56 years old and i know what to do.

Is the second time with autos and the first i 've got such a problem for that i am asking.

Yes, it is very clear that you don't have experience with autoflowering strains, thanks for confirming that it is only the second time you grow them. It was very clear already, but now it makes even more sense. Just can't understand how saying that we do something for the second time is a proof of experience. Maybe being a bit more humble would do good for you.

Don't tell me about the soil i am using and the fertilizers, are checked for many years now and they work fine.

Ok, I can tell it again to see if you can read it. If you can't, other users of the forum reading this can take their own conclusions about what I said and what you think that I said:

You can choose any seedbank and grow 10 different strains from that specific seedbank. Then, treat them badly with incorrect grow parameters. Some will resist to it, some will not resist. But the problem is not the genetics, it's the badly ways they are treated. As said in my previous post, you soil is not adequate, the fertilizers you use are not adequate, the size of the pot is not adequate and the plant shows apparent signs of an environmental virus.

I repeat: You can use a soil that is not adequate and some strains will hold it and get you good results but some strains will not hold it and show problems. This is a scientific fact as not all the plants act the same way. They are not robots, they are living beings.

So, we recommend the use of a soil that is especially designed for cannabis growing. If someone decides to use something else, as we can't be sure if it is adequate, it is normal that we can't assume responsibilities. It's like if you sell Nike shoes that are adequate for running and you use them for agriculture activities. If then they only last for a few days, you can't complain with the brand. Or.. you can, but it says a lot about you.

Last year i had put 4 Green Poison XL Auto from you, with the same 12 lt pots, same soil, same fertilizers i've been had no any problems and i 've been get 870 gramms clean dry flowers from them!

So?...

So... Green Poison XL Auto® are very resistant plants. Thanks for confirming this to us :okok:

Now about the replacement...how i suppose to remember who was the guy who talked me about?

Well, you know someone told you that the seeds were sent by the 12th of March. But you don't remember who said that to you. Maybe no one said that to you. I don't know. Show us the email, private message or forum message where someone said this to you. They sent it to you, so you are the one who have the message.

Secondly i am an individual not a company, you don't have storing the mails with your customers??? WOW!!

Again, you don't need to be rude as we have always respected you even when you seem to be willing to mess with us.

We have different departments. Are you expecting that I contact all our departments asking who did it, because a client can't keep track of our communications? If someone said this to you, it is in your email and I don't have access to your email. I don't know who you contacted and who replied to you, as for now you already spoke with so many of us that it is hard to know who said that to you.

And yes, me too i supposed they stuck due the measures for the virus but as i know now the post offices in Spain are open again.

Sure. This morning a respectful client contacted the person who shipped him the seeds because the delivery was taking to long and we found out that it got lost in the mail, probably due to the pandemic situation. A new package is already in his way. He was not rude, he didn't come to a forum with bad words for us and he remembered the email and the person who managed his situation. Simple and effective, as with 99% of our clients.

we made a very long story with this situation this year, don't you think?

Oh yes, I totally agree. Check out all the other threads in this subforum with people having problems with our strains and see how we usually deal with it when people have education and respect. Most threads are solved with just 2 or 3 posts. You definitely made a very long story with this situation, unfortunately.

Oh, and by the way, the plant appears to be affected by a virus, which it probably is. I left some links where you can see plants with the same appearance and the authors of the articles identify it as mosaic virus, hemp streak virus or other virus. We shared this information to help you and if you pay attention it can be really helpful as these virus can be transmitted from one plant to other plant(s). But you are free to ignore that, of course.

Thread closed. Now I'm sure you'll find the contact of the other person from the company who talked with you and you are going to mess with that person. No problem. All the best with it ;)

Kind regards,

tommy

Enlace al comentario

Esta discusión está cerrada a nuevas respuestas.

Sweet Seeds®

Sobre nosotros
Aviso legal

Síguenos:

• Crear nuevo...

Información importante

Debe revisar los Términos de uso, Política de privacidad y las 📚 Reglas Hemos colocado cookies en su dispositivo para ayudar a mejorar este sitio web. Puede ajustar la configuración de las cookies, de lo contrario entendemos que esta todo correcto para continuar.