Red hot cookies flowering...

Sean

Pregunta

Hi guys, second attempt at growing the Red Hot Cookies, may I ask if the plant I have is growing normally?

I have topped and Scrog netted it, tucking the heads as they stretched for 2 weeks, 3rd week into 4th week it is still stretching,

but with very little flower production. My main concern - will it start to produce flowers in the remaining weeks?

I have changed the light from the first run the new light has a lot more Red so this explains the extraordinary stretching.

The tropicanna poison growing next to it is the most beautiful plant I have ever seen!

red hot cookies day 25.jpg

cookies closeup.jpg

TP 25 days.jpg

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

4 respuestas a esta pregunta

Publicaciones recomendadas

Hi Sean,

Thanks for you message and for the beautiful photos :okok:

I would call it a "little flower production". There's a lot of flowers in there, the question is about their caliber as for now they are still very thin. I think they will start getting bigger in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Either way as there are so many flowers in which the plants have to focus their energy, the buds will probably end up with a medium caliber and not the big thick buds that we like to get. But as they are so many, all together, you might end up with a good total yield. For now they remind me of "Thai Sticks" and that is probably what you going to have in the end.

Also, check if the distance of the light can be shortened a bit without burning the tips of the flowers.

The Tropicanna Poison F1 Fast Version® is looking really great ;)

All the best with it and kind regards,

tommy

Enlace al comentario

An update to the unusual phenotype of Red Hot Cookies. It flowered in the same way as another strain, Dr Grindspoon - this is known for it's 'string of pearls' bud formation. The main difference between this and the Dr Grindspoon is the flowering time - I harvested it at 50 days, cloudy and amber trichomes said it was done. In contrast the Dr takes 100 days plus to flower - if only I'd kept a clone.....

The smoke - the same as Red Hot cookies. The taste, stronger version of RHC. Terpene profile is similar but this has an added layer of almost garlic and phosphur. A strong head high, that leaves you wanting more. Yield - modest, not for a commercial grow I suspect.

I found it quite difficult to harvest, because it's absolutely covered with stalked glandular trichomes, the stems, stalks, leaflets and flower all are smoke/vape worthy.

This phenotype could possibly be a recessive genetic mutation and with that, very very rare. A lovely plant, that I suspect has great anti depressant qualities, certainly a medical strain.

The Tropicanna Poison is glowing in her Autumn colors - soon to harvest, another Sweet Seeds plant with exceptional qualities.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year all at Sweet Seeds!

rhc 1.jpg

rhc2.jpg

tp1.jpg

Enlace al comentario

An update to the unusual phenotype of Red Hot Cookies. It flowered in the same way as another strain, Dr Grindspoon - this is known for it's 'string of pearls' bud formation. The main difference between this and the Dr Grindspoon is the flowering time - I harvested it at 50 days, cloudy and amber trichomes said it was done. In contrast the Dr takes 100 days plus to flower - if only I'd kept a clone.....

The smoke - the same as Red Hot cookies. The taste, stronger version of RHC. Terpene profile is similar but this has an added layer of almost garlic and phosphur. A strong head high, that leaves you wanting more. Yield - modest, not for a commercial grow I suspect.

I found it quite difficult to harvest, because it's absolutely covered with stalked glandular trichomes, the stems, stalks, leaflets and flower all are smoke/vape worthy.

This phenotype could possibly be a recessive genetic mutation and with that, very very rare. A lovely plant, that I suspect has great anti depressant qualities, certainly a medical strain.

The Tropicanna Poison is glowing in her Autumn colors - soon to harvest, another Sweet Seeds plant with exceptional qualities.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year all at Sweet Seeds!

Thanks you very for sharing your experience :tiphat:

Enjoy it and have a great Christmas and a happy New Year.

Sweet smokes,

Apolo

Enlace al comentario

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Responder esta pregunta...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

Sweet Seeds®

Sobre nosotros
Aviso legal

Síguenos:

• Crear nuevo...

Información importante

Debe revisar los Términos de uso, Política de privacidad y las 📚 Reglas Hemos colocado cookies en su dispositivo para ayudar a mejorar este sitio web. Puede ajustar la configuración de las cookies, de lo contrario entendemos que esta todo correcto para continuar.